by Amanda Geronikos
Located along the beaches of Praia do Forte, IBEROSTAR Praia do Forte offers all the amenities for which the all-inclusive chain is known — specialty restaurants, water sports, pools, organized activities, and kids’ programming.
Our Editor Loves
- All-inclusive resort
- Location on the beach
- Kids' programming
- All Inclusive Rates
- Water Sports
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
Firstly, the place is good with appropriate infrastructure. The whole experience is very satisfying. The hotel is big, spacious with a lot of activities. The rooms are big, well equipped and nicely laid out. The truth is that the hotel had a better days and is looking a bit tired in need of a proper renovation especially bathrooms and AC system. The food in the big restaurants is plenty, well prepared and nothing to do with Brazil. Is very uninteresting and repetitive. You also have the choice of Baiano, Italian, French and Asian restaurants which you will be "lucky to get the booking" allegedly and when you do, they are nothing special and you actually wish that you didn't bother in the first place.. This is rather amusing as it is all inclusive facility. The concierge service is a bit of a laugh as well. Do not bother to try to get the information out of them. Internet knows much more.Moving on to the but part. It is about children's animators and entertainment. We happen to have serious observations about it. The "animators" are clearly there to earn the money and do as little as possible. In general, they are rude and brush with kids. One name sticks from the crowd and that is Groselha who takes the liberty to shout at the kids and bully them around. Unacceptable by all accounts. That spoiled our time in the hotel. As we said above, the place is good. Would we visit it again? Probably not.
- Dirty blankets at arrival (still from prior guests)
- Lunch restaurant rather dirty and lacking empty and clean tables to sit at peaktimes
- Cats all around the hotel. This is a complete no go unless the hotel is sold as such!
- Only 2-3 dinners reservable for thematic restaurants (info varied by whom you asked and we were not informed about that rather strange policy before)
- Terrible service at check-out when we asked concierge at 11:30am to pick up baggage (and us; the hotel area is quite extended). Noone showed up, even after the reception let us know that our taxi to the airport already arrived at 12:20 and we asked again for baggage service. Instead of apologizing for the delay the receptionist (Renato) only indicated that if checked out after 1pm we would need to pay an extra charge! Wow! Calling the reception again about 10min later and asking for the pick-up service for the third time the receptionist (a lady this time whose name I forgot) just interrupted the call. Finally, we went up walking through the pool area with all luggage. A free driver felt pity with us and brought us up to reception for the last meters. The persons working at the hotel (except receptionists and concierge) are actually all very friendly but that doesn’t help much if the face of hotel (which is the reception and concierge) operates at such a low service quality).
- However, the hotel area is nice. Different pools and activities are cool. Beach area is wonderful (though we could not benefit much from it due to the oil accident...)
Never will come back here. The hotel has an incredibly low service quality (again, not related to staff working at pool, restaurants and around hotel). We heard from many taxi drivers that Tivoli has a much better reputation and would try that one next time).