by Amanda Norcross
The IBEROSTAR Royal Andalus is an all-inclusive resort in Novo Sancti Petri, Spain. Families will love this beachfront resort that offers pools, kids’ programming (including a baby club), several onsite dining options, live entertainment, and family rooms — all covered in rates! There is a golf course close by.
Our Editor Loves
- Beachfront resort
- All-inclusive rates
- Kids' programming
- All Inclusive Rates
- Water Sports
- Children Programs
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
Second stay, but there will be surely a third and a forth one... For a winter holiday this is a perfect place for us (in summer we travel to the north because I can't bear 40 degrees...)
So, why we love this hotel: The situation right at the ocean, the spacious and fresh rooms with seaview balconies, the fact that you can choose your room with "my room online"!, the interior spa in winter (however the inside temperature is a little too hot...), and the food selection of the buffet. And of course I have to mention the kind personal everywhere in the hotel.
I have read very different reviews about the food. We stayed 4 nights , including the New Years Eve gala dinner and I can not discribe what all were offered. It was all above of any expectations and imagination! And also in the next days the choice was really good, one evening just very good, in the other evening perfect again! But really no complaint for any dinner. Perhaps the fresh prepared pasta is not a "masterpiece", honestly forget it..... but there are so many other dishes to choose! The selection of the fresh fruits is incredible, and it was January not summer! What I really loved the huge choice at breakfast, fresh made omlett, fresh pressed fruits drinks, wide range of cheese...we really enjoyed everything each morning.
And the sparrows: Yes, once I have seen one, but it was not disturbing....
Everybody has different taste our different imagination about a good hotel. Some people write aboute "mass tourism". Well, this is a huge hotel, what have you expected? We loved this hotel in winter but would surely not stay here in summer when the sunbeds are full of people and the pools with screaming children.... But this shouldn't be a suprise for you, again it is a huge hotel!
One tip: The hotel building has 2 "U" forms. The first is where the childrens pool are, also this is where the big restaurant is for dinner and breakfast, animations takes place in this part. The second "U" part was much more pleasant for us. No noise, we very absolutly not disturbed by anything. Long sleep till 9 o'clock in the morings! And again. you can choose your room in advance!
Just one small thing which we didn't like this time: The outise pools were closed by ca. 1,5m high mobile wall and also the fontain in the middle was not working. Ok, it is winter, you can not use tthe pool but it was 20-22 degrees, lying in the sunbeds and looking at the closed pools... not a nice view! Last time it was open also in January!
Parking: Yes, probably you won't find a place within 50m of the hotel entrance but for check in and check out you can stop in front of the entrance, then park your car in the street - for free! - and walk 5 minutes! Not a big thing...
We stayed there for one week of golf. The hotel itself was a unfortunately a bad surprise. The hotel is very big and perfect if you like mass tourism, even now in February.
- There is one restaurant and the atmosphere is like in a cafeteria of a big industrial company. It was very loud and you could hardly hear your neighbor.
- The lobby bar is the same, a big hall, very noisy and no chance of a proper conversation when there is live music. Which they had every evening. There is no cosy spot in the hotel where you can spend some time with friends or family.
- The food in the restaurant was eatable, but really mediocre. But then, what do you expect for masses of people... It's all industrialized.
- the bar has a very limited choice of drinks, no proper digestive (unless you like sweet Spanish liqueur)
- service in this hotel is at best average, I do not understand why it is so difficult to be friendly and smile
- the rooms were clean, but need renovation
- Hotel safe: this is the first time that I was in a hotel that makes you pay if you want to use the safe in your room. 3 Euros per day. Unbelievable.