Located near the Galeao International Airport, the Linx Hotel International provides a budget friendly home base for families that want to explore all that Rio de Janeiro has to offer. Guestrooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel features an outdoor pool and onsite family dining. The Cygnus Restaurant is a contemporary eatery that serves a variety of international and local dishes. Guests with lengthy layovers will appreciate the ability to book a room for three, six, or nine hours. A complimentary airport shuttle is available. The beautiful Ipanema Beach and Michelangelo Square are only 10 minutes away from the hotel.
Our Editor Loves
- Unbeatable price
- Close proximity to the airport
- Scenic Ipanema
- Horse Back Riding
- Theme Park
- Water Parks
- Water Sports
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
by Tracey N
We just wanted to send a quick note to thank your team Evelyn and Lucas for making our stay such a pleasant one at the Linx Rio Airport. We only stayed one night due to the cancellation of our flight back to London, but wanted to say how helpful and friendly they both were.Indeed when we went for a swim in the pool your lifeguard ( Franciano) was also a very nice, friendly and helpful young man.
Despite the room being a little noisy when we put the air conditioning on( not sure if you can improve on that) other than that it was exactly what you need when staying overnight before a long flight back to London — clean and spacious enough for our stay.
My wife and I travel a lot and are fortunate enough to stay in some very expensive hotels, if they only had they same customer service that we experienced through your team at the Linx, they wouldn’t go that far wrong.
Let me say, my company put me here due to last minute travel to Rio, and lack of availability elsewhere.
The hotel reception looks nice, and rooms are clean, but that’s about all the good I can say for this place. Allow me to list my issues, some specific to my room, most general for hotel:
- front desk staff slow...sooo slow
- key card machine broke, so sat at reception for 15 mins extra waiting for them to fix it
- hotel is 100 ft from highway-cars VERY audible in the room
- hotel is 200 ft from airport- you can hear airplanes very clearly well into the evening
- bedrooms windows don’t close properly (when asked to fix this, they just closed my blinds hoping I wouldn’t notice they did nothing)
- restaurant closed, due to gas issues
- no hot water for 24hrs, due to gas issues
- breakfast is terrible, with the scrambled eggs literally being green from being over cooked. Also walls are covered with old food not cleaned off- see picture
- rooms are so basic, they don’t even have a single cup in them to drink from, or a closet, or a drawer..
-many of the guests are noisy, since this seems to be a place oil workers stay before and after going offshore
- bar- it has spirits, but NO mixers. No coke, sprite, soda, tonic ect...their menu advertises gin & Tonic...
Would not recommend this hotel