Onyx Hotel – A Kimpton Hotel is a great place for families with kids to go. This hotel is within 10 miles of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Granary Burying Ground and Harvard Museum of Natural History. Additional points of interest include the Museum of Fine Arts and John F. Kennedy Presidential Museum & Library. This 4-star hotel has 112 suites, it also has a tennis courts and fitness center. Onyx Hotel a Kimpton Hotel dining options include room service and onsite restaurant. Flour Bakery & Cafe, Cantina Italiana and Border Cafe are all kid-friendly eateries that are reputable and are close to the hotel.
For more information, read about Kimpton Hotels.
Our Editor Loves
- Awesome staff
- Great location, excellent staff
- Excellent stay in Boston
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
We have had a nice experience here. The hotel is charming, a room more than adequate with a very comfortable bed, and every employee has been very gracious, friendly and helpful. In addition the hotel is in a great location and almost everything you would want to see is in walking distance. We didn’t eat lunch or dinner here but the breakfasts were excellent. A nice feature is a free wine session between 5:00-7:00. When I next come to Boston I will stay here again.
At over $370/night, I expected more.
* Rooms are modern and cozy
* Rooms and hotel are clean
* Folks working here seem to genuinely care
* Bed mattress are poor and not comfortable (I can hear the springs jiggle when I roll on the bed)
* Breakfast: hot food was cold (told the person and she mentioned that they forgot to put on the heaters), room was cold, selection was poor for $16+
* Their lounge/Bar was closed when I arrived around 9:30 and couldn't even have a drink while watching football
In a nutshell, not a "value hotel" but if money is not an issue, it's not bad.