by Hilarey Wojtowicz
Hike and bike the trails of the Finger Lakes and then return to the Renaissance Del Monte Lodge & Spa for some rest and relaxation. Stay in one of the 99 guestrooms, some with mini-fridges and microwaves, and enjoy the views of the foliage outside your window. Rooms come with high-def TV’s, complimentary Wi-Fi, coffee makers and bottled water. Cribs and rollaways are available if the one king or two double beds are not enough. The hotel has an indoor pool, fitness center and a spa. The spa offers families treatments for both adults and teens and tweens, such as body scrubs, body wraps, facials, manicures and pedicures and massages. There is one onsite restaurant, the Erie Grille, that offers American cuisine. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hiking, biking and kayaking are a few of the outdoor activities in the area. For those looking to stay indoors, check out the Rochester Museum & Science Center or the George Eastman House.
Our Editor Loves
- Onsite spa with services for teens and tweens
- Located along the picturesque Erie Canal
- Hiking and biking along trails in the Finger Lakes
- Onsite Dining
I will try to summarize my 48 hours at the Delmonte which is supposed to be a nice establishment.
- receive room key
- go into room...oh wait someone is in this room. Leave immediately very embarrassed
- go get new room key
- go to new room...oh wait the mouthwash, shampoo and lotion has been opened and is partially used
- request “new” room to have all things replaced as I go to dinner.
- return to find same things in room with a pile of new towels and toiletries.
- wake up following morning to go to spa.
- treated rudely by staff
- waited 15 minutes for hair stylist to come out only to receive a 7 minute service.
All of this on top of the fact that the hotel is in complete disarray as they renovate.
Don’t waste your money. You can stay at literally any other hotel in Rochester for half the price and it will be 10x better.
WOW! what a suite!...as marriott titanium platinum members, we hit the jackpot by using half points and cash for this gorgeous room...private patio, heated floors, comfortable bed, large spacious rooms!...perfection!...check in was a breeze, hotel was lovely and clean...my parents had a smaller room @ the other end of the hall...nicely accommodated their needs...we ordered room service breakfast~ duck eggs benedict was delish!..pittsford is a beautiful town, this hotel fits it perfectly...would love to stay here again on our next journey to canada and highly recommend to others!...