NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. The Family Vacation Critic July Sweepstakes (‘Promotion’) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of The Independent Traveler, Inc., Kampgrounds of America, Inc. and each of their respective related companies, agencies or affiliates, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsors. The Independent Traveler, Inc., 7 Tree Farm Road, Suite 202, Pennington, NJ 08534, and Kampgrounds of America, Inc., P.O. Box 30558 Billings, MT 59114 (‘Sponsors’).
3. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in the Promotion constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein, in a timely manner.
4. Entry Period. The Promotion begins on July 7, 2014, at 8 a.m. Eastern Time, and ends on July 21, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (the “Entry Period”). Entries received before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. Entry. During the entry period, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a family camping story, tip or favorite camping destination description of at least 30 words in length and submit via the e-mail link.
6. Selection of Potential Winner. On or about Aug. 5, 2014, one (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, Sponsors will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place from among all remaining eligible entries.
7. Requirements of Potential Winner. Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize Winner must complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within ten (10) days of being notified. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, if notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsors determine in their sole discretion that the potential winner is ineligible, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place. Winner may be required to provide social security number for tax reporting purposes. Travel companions must sign and return a liability/publicity release prior to travel. If the travel companion(s) are minors, the winner must be his/her parent or legal guardian. Grand Prize Winner agrees not to publicly disclose that they are the Grand Prize Winner until authorized to do so by Sponsors. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsors to use winner’s name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes, worldwide, without further compensation.
8. Grand Prize: One (1) winner will receive a three-day (3), two-night (2) stay in a cabin at a North American-based KOA Campground property (Approximate Value: $300, exclusive of taxes and gratuity). Availability and restrictions may apply. Not all KOA campgrounds feature cabins; vouchers are valid for all accommodations within the KOA system, including RV and tent sites. The prize does not include airfare, but it does include access to the campground’s amenities and activities (varies according to location and property). Prize must be used no later than one year from its issue – July 21, 2015, and is not transferable. Prize does not include federal, state or local taxes, or any other cost or fee associated with prize receipt or use not expressly stated herein. Winner and travel companions must travel on same itinerary and are responsible for all necessary travel documents, including, but not limited to, passports and visas. Accommodations are subject to availability, and blackout dates may apply. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. General Conditions. In the event that the operation, security or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, suspend, modify and/or cancel the Promotion. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account holder is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Promotion. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. The Sponsors reserve the right to alter, amend or foreclose the competition in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
10. Release and Limitation of Liability. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, their respective parent and related companies, and each such company’s respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical or printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable mail or email; (d) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees.
11. Disputes. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Massachusetts. All issues and questions concerning these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or Sponsors’ rights and obligations shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
13. Winners List Results will be announced and shared with the public within thirty (30) days of the contest end on Family Vacation Critic’s Facebook profile.
Our team of parents and travel experts chooses each product and service we recommend. Anything you purchase through links on our site may earn us a commission.