St. Regis Princeville Resort Review

TripAdvisor Rating: TripAdvisor Owl
648 Family Reviews
5520 Kahaku Road, Princeville, Kauai HI 96722
83%
Families Recommend

Enter dates for best prices
Enter dates for best prices



We search 200+ sites to find the best hotel prices

Families Rating
83%
Families Recommend
Editor's Rating
5/5
Accomodations:
Money Value:
Dining:
Pool & Water Fun:
Kid Activities:
Staff:
Kids Play Area:

Editor’s Review of St. Regis Princeville Resort

Hawaii is renowned for its beautiful sunsets and they don't get a lot better than what you'll see from the terrace at the St. Regis Princeville. Snuggled into a cliff side on beautiful Hanalei Bay, most rooms and all restaurant views face west, making the closing of the day a magical time at this luxury resort.

Located on Kauai's north shore, the Princeville resort area was so named to honor the 1860's visit of Prince Albert, the son of Hawaiian King Kamehameha IV. It's a pristine development of hotels, private homes, golf courses and a beautiful view of Hanalei Bay.

If you've ever seen the 1958 movie "South Pacific" or perhaps you've starred in a high school rendition of the Rogers and Hammerstein musical, you know the
... more area that is Princeville. The movie was shot here on the north shore and Bali Hai is indeed Mount Makana, the dominant mountain in every view you'll have as you vacation here.

This hotel property, originally a Starwood luxury resort, closed for a year in 2008 to be upgraded and rebranded as the luxury St. Regis Princeville. Known for its attentive individual service and personal butlers, the St. Regis is positioned on a protected cove of Hanalei Bay.

The "protection" is provided by the Honoiki Reef, the largest coral reef in Hawaii that wraps the island's north shore. For your family, that means snorkeling in the waters just steps from your room at the St. Regis is outstanding. For those who want to try stand-up paddling or other water sports, the water here is extremely calm.

When you enter the St. Regis, you're actually on the ninth floor of the hotel. Most of the guestrooms and activities are below the lobby. But this is where you'll find the concierge who will coordinate activities for your family, such as stargazing, lei making, and outings to Princeville Ranch that include zip-lining, kayaking and hikes of Mount Makana. less
Our Editor Loves
  • Four pools and a beach
  • Personal butler services
  • Organic baby food made in house
Family Interests
  • Beach
  • Bicycling
  • Golf
  • Water Sports
Family Amenities
  • Babysitting
  • Children's Program
  • Connecting Rooms
  • Cribs
  • Family Room 5+
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Game Room
  • Kids' Pool
  • Kitchenettes
  • Laundry Service
  • Onsite Dining
  • Refrigerator
  • Pool
Our Member Reviews 648 Reviews

Rates

As a TripAdvisor company, we searched 200+ sites to find the best hotel prices.

Filter rooms by:

Site Rate
Filtering...

Results For: (clear all filters)

Other Rooms:



Enter dates for best prices
Enter dates for best prices

Compare best prices from the top travel sites



Rooms

This hotel is 11 stories tall with 251 guestrooms, including 51 premium ocean view suites. The first through third floors are the most popular for families. If you want a walk-out terrace with a private path to the pools, book early for a first floor room.

About 90 percent of the rooms have an ocean view. The remaining 10 percent overlook the golf course or the mountains. On a good day, you may be able to see as many as 30 waterfalls descending from Mount Makana and the nearby sea cliffs.

If a standard size bathtub is important to bathe your toddlers, be sure to express that when you book your vacation. Many rooms come with whirlpool tubs, but not standard bathtubs. Infant tubs are available. Cribs and rollaway beds are available free of charge.

Standard Rooms
The 540 square feet of the standard guestrooms offer either a queen bed and fold-out couch or two queen beds. The terraces or balconies are spacious enough for one chaise lounge and two chairs with a table.

Suites
Beginning at 820 square feet and going up to more than 1,800 square feet, all St. Regis suites come with personal butler services. The television/entertainment system disappears into the console that is the division between bedroom and living area. Kitchens and kitchenettes can be fully stocked with whatever your family prefers for breakfast or late-night snacks. Most of the suites are in the top three floors of the hotel property and have ocean views.

Map

 
Traveling Family with Baby

Your personal family vacation planning starts now

Get expert advice, handpicked recommendations, and tips for your family all year round!