by Courtney Elko
Located near the Savannah Airport, this Staybridge Suites is also near the city of Pooler and historic downtown Savannah. The city of Pooler offers many shopping and dining options and River Street is less than a 10 minute drive from the hotel. Kids will love taking a dip in the outdoor swimming pool while mom and dad relax on the lounge chairs or practice your golf swing on the hotel’s putting green. A fitness center with cardio and weight machines is also available for exercise. The spacious suites feature a fully equipped kitchen with a stovetop, refrigerator, dishwasher, a dining table and plenty of kitchenwares. The living room features a sofa, flat screen television and a DVD player. Complimentary Wi-Fi access is also available throughout the hotel so everyone is able to keep connected during your stay. The complimentary hot breakfast buffet is a great way to start the day with its eggs, hot and cold cereals, yogurt and fruits.
Our Editor Loves
- Fully equipped kitchens in suites
- Savannah Airport nearby
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
by L H
Where to begin? Before making the reservation, we called to confirm that the suite had a tub. We were advised that “all rooms have tubs”, so imagine our surprise when we saw a shower (no tub) in our suite. We visited the front desk and requested a different suite that had a tub. We were advised that there were no rooms available; however, approximately 5 minutes later, the front desk attendant noted that a King Suite was indeed available. After viewing the suite with the front desk attendant, we moved our belongings to the new room.
* Before traveling, we purchased additional plates / cutlery / cookware based on the information provided by the front desk. We were also specifically advised that each room had a Keurig coffeemaker; however, when we arrived, we were advised by the front desk that all rooms have a basket-style coffeemaker (Mr. Coffee). We were not offered a discount for our inconvenience. IHG: it would be most helpful to have a list of what is provided in each suite available on the website so that guests can accurately prepare for their stay.
* We requested a pan (skillet) from the front desk, and one was brought to our room. This was quite helpful and appreciated. However, the handle on the pan was not secure. We tried to adjust the handle to improve usability, but this was not possible.
* Only two small garbage cans in the suite
* Garbage disposal did not work
* Closet door - left side was off the track completely
* Paper towel holder was not mounted correctly - one side was stripped
* Odor in the room - Mold?
* Synthetic comforter was ripped
* Towels were ripped on edges
* Dispensers in shower were not filled
* Stains on carpet
* Room AC is loud
* Security: the exterior door at the end of the first suite’s hallway was held open by an entry mat. After moving the mat, and closing the exterior door, our key card did not open the door. We advised the front desk, and we were told that the exterior doors were locked at 10PM each night, and perhaps the lock was not removed at the time we attempted to use our key card to open the exterior door. We received this information at approximately 4:30PM.
We won't be staying here again.
Was in town for one day for work, I checked in. Staff was nice and helpful. Got to my room, room smelled like mold and very warm. Front desk staff change my room for me. Very next morning before checking out i went down for coffee as i was getting coffee there was a few things out, i was getting a nap to get a muffin. Kitchen staff told me breakfast didn’t start right now and i had to wait til 6:30. As a guest I should feel welcome to get some coffee and a muffin before heading out, She was very rude about it. I sat and waited she said it was 2 items per guest. I didn’t get no breakfast again, i got my coffee and check out. Didn’t enjoy my stay at all.