Offering all-inclusive pricing, this beachside resort is a great value that offers a lot of amenities to families. The all-inclusive package includes the cost of the room, all meals and beverages, and the onsite amenities. Children aged five to 10 are billed at a half rate and children under five are free. Diving packages are also offered for guests over nine, and it includes a Learn to Dive package for those without any diving experience. Snorkeling is also a popular activity around the island, and children love the dolphin interaction programs. Guestrooms for families include two double beds and can accommodate up to four guests. Air conditioning, filtered water, cable TV, and free Wi-Fi are included in every guestroom.
Our Editor Loves
- Private beach
- Variety of fun activities
- All-inclusive packages
- All Inclusive Rates
- Horse Back Riding
- Water Sports
- Free Wi-Fi
- Meal Plan
- Onsite Dining
This resort is 'all-inclusive' which first attracted me & it certainly lived up to expectations. The location of the resort is spectacular w/ a beautiful beach & waterfront. The rooms are spacious & comfy w/ excellent wi-fi & A/C.
All staff were very courteous & friendly. The restaurant always served a good variety of food & the bar was very accommodating to every request. Cruise ships visit the island three days a week & the resort allows cruisers to use the beach, but this had no effect on our visit. Airport transfers went smoothly & the front desk arranged an island tour for us on our last day. I will return!
Pick up at the airport went smooth for a group of 19 with Dive Shack USA, Bullhead City, AZ. Upon arrival, friendly staff, rapid check in to rooms. Rooms are adequate, we came to dive, sleep and party. That is what this resort is set up for...serious divers.
1. Check in went smooth. Thanks Mairy & all the staff.
2. Rooms adequate. Could use some minor repairs. Overall comfortable and kept clean.
3. Rooms are on hills. You do get exercise & a few of the group had free cardio work outs. Better than the gym and no monthly fee.
4. Food went from adequate to very good. Food temperatures on the buffet side could have and likely should have been kept hotter. After consideration, not much different than most American buffets...adequate.
5. Food on the cooking station side was always cooked to order and hot.
6. Beach bar was fantastic. Thanks Allan!!!
7. Main bar was great also. Thanks Allan, Kervie, Omar, Cindy, Fabricio, Luisa and dozens more that I did not write down their names.
8. Pool was a blast...there was no closing time for the "SHACK" Thanks to all the cocktail servers poolside.
9. Last night entertainment of locals singing and dancing was GREAT...thanks to all.
10.Entertainment nightly by The Scuba Cowboy.com was a lot of fun. Thanks PUP!
11.Dive staff...where do I start. Darren the dive manager...Great guy. Staff...fantastic. Our personal dive boat LUCA with Captain Billy...Dive Masters Eddie and Duvin...FANFREAKINTASTIC! Thanks guys. These guys are PROFESSIONAL. They are trained to assist, guide, find things and always be helpful even when some that really needed help did not know they needed help.
12.All dives were 45 min. to over 1 hour.
13.Established dives were well structured. Divers were able to dive their own profiles on most dives.
14.Most dives were close, did one dive came back in for SIT, then went back out. Longer range dives the boat went out, did 2 dives then came back in for lunch. Convenient for most of the divers. Better than just sitting on a mooring ball during surface interval time (SIT).
15. All divers were catered to. During original dive meet and brief, it was mentioned that if anyone needed any special assistance or did not want any assistance to let the DM's & staff know.
16.Boat ladders were nice and easy to access. However, the ladders do need new non slip material installed.
17. The SLOTH visit was amazing!
Would I return or bring another group? Yes, I would. Again, this is a divers resort. The up and down stairs to and from room was a bit trying. Through all the trials and tribulations...all 19 of the group had fun in one form or another...all 19 likely had a few bumps too.
Remember, this is a great destination. Communication can sometimes be a problem. Be a good steward as an American tourist. Go with the flow. When in Rome...Do as the Romans do...in this case ROATAN...JUST HAVE FUN...not everything in life is going to be perfect. The person you may have yelled at because you mis-communicated is still a person and now both of you may have a bad day.