by Amanda Norcross
Formerly the Sheraton Hotel Pleasanton, the AC Hotel Pleasanton opened in November 2019.
Situated in East Bay Hills—between San Francisco and Napa Valley—this hotel puts families close to local lakes, hiking, golf, wineries, and the Alameda County Fairgrounds.
Hotel features include an outdoor pool, fitness center and two onsite dining options: AC Lounge and AC Kitchen. AC Lounge serves local wine and small plates, while AC Kitchen serves a European-inspired breakfast each morning.
Chic, yet comfortable guestrooms and suites offer mini-fridges, coffeemakers, in-room safes, and bathrobes. Some rooms offer shower/tub combinations in the bathrooms, while others have showers only.
Our Editor Loves
- Outdoor pool
- In-room mini-fridges
- Close to outdoor fun
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
Transition to AC Marriott almost completed. Lobby area is looking nice. Totally renovated rooms are very nice. Unfortunately no breakfast was served. Hopefully they’ll have an executive lounge. Friendly service.
This hotel is undergoing a renovation and will be an AC Hotel after the renovation is done.
You will get the construction notice prior to arrival. This is a business, so they cannot shut down the hotel during construction but will try their best to accommodate. If you have any concerns, you (the guest) should actively contact the hotel. I did and asked for a room facing the mall (not the freeway), so it will be quiet at night.
• Newly renovated rooms.
• Water fountain on each floor (no need to spend money on plastic bottled water).
• Two bottles of water in fridge.
• Free in-room coffee/tea.
• Free coffee in lobby.
• Free grab & go breakfast. It’s very simple- coffee and muffins. Someone wrote it’s like gas station convenient stores ones, and yes, they were the Otis Spunkmeyer single-serve muffins, but what’s the big deal? It’s still food, so please do not knock it. In fact, they keep replenish the muffin basket because guests were taking them!
• Friendly staff (at least the ones we encountered on the night checked in and during the stay).
• There should be an extra chair or two for people to sit while waiting in the lobby.
• Maintenance crew didn’t pick up 2 fast food paper cups from outside...I saw them Sat afternoon and by Sun morning at 7, they were still there.