by Maxwell Barnar
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena-Colorado Blvd. offers guests all the warmth, cleanliness and value for which Holiday Inn hotels have become known.
Located just one mile from the Tournament of Roses Parade route and right next to Old Town Pasadena’s historic district, the property’s 81 guest rooms each feature work desks, stereos, Wi-Fi Internet, full bathrooms with bathtubs, hairdryers, microwaves, coffeemakers, air conditioning, irons and ironing boards, and cable color TV’s with in-room movies and premium cable. Cribs and rollaway beds are available upon request.
Complimentary breakfast is served daily, and nearby restaurants (within walking distance) include Chiquita Bonita, Mongolian BBQ and Yes Sushi.
Guests are invited to use the onsite fitness center, which includes treadmills, yoga mats and bicycle machines, along with the outdoor pool.
Our Editor Loves
- Clean, comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations
- Onsite swimming pool
- Plenty of restaurants nearby
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
by George G
Handicap accessible parking was right at the front door. Handicap accessible bathroom well set up. Room was clean, bed comfortable. Why four stars and not five? Three things:
1. At initial check in, they assigned us a room that was NOT handicap accessible. While they corrected the error immediately, “you only get one chance to make a first impression” and this was an unforced error.
2. After going to the trouble of making the room wheelchair friendly, someone (probably not the original architect) put a few too many pieces of furniture into the room. We had to shift a few pieces to allow maneuverability.
3. The in-room coffee was piss-poor and the coffee with the “free” (=“included”) breakfast was not much better. The rest of the breakfast was good.
by Eman R
Overall, this was a quality stay at a solid hotel. Several things for you to judge for yourself:
1) The staff were polite. A couple of them were eager to help, the others were a little distant (but not in a bad way). They were all professional (and a nice little touch--wore black uniforms that are usually seen at higher end hotels)
2) The building is being renovated, so there was a fair amount of construction noise on one side (I had to move rooms after the first nigth).
3) There is a fair amount of noise from the highway when facing the north side of the building.
4) Breakfast was great for a budget friendly hotel (better than similar hotels from other brands). There were several healthy options--organic soymilk in containers, veggie omelets, turkey sausage, etc.
5) The floor was a bit "creaky"--even gently and slowly walking, it would creak (and I wonder if the guests below could hear that). Note the building is being renovated so maybe this will be addressed.
6) Even in the part that hasn't been renovated yet, the furniture was in great condition.
7) Plenty of parking both in front and around back on a parking deck.
8) The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable.
9) Housekeeping was excellent.
10) The air conditioning in one room had a musty smell, but the room that I switched to was fine (and things are being renovated, so may be fine afterward).
Overall, really solid stay--nothing particularly exciting or bad, just delivered accommodations that met expectations.