by Whitney Rife
On Jamaica’s north shore in Runaway Bay, the all-inclusive Gran Bahia hotel enjoys a private beach. The resort’s rooms feature beds with canopies, balconies and Jacuzzis. Four restaurants serve a la carte specialties ranging from Italian to Japanese. Kids will love playing in the three pools, two with children-only areas. Gran runs a children’s activity program, Mini Club, for ages 4 to 12. On the resort, families can engage in water sports like windsurfing and snorkeling. Gran provides the necessary equipment.
Our Editor Loves
- Mini Club for kids
- Private beach
- Three pools
by Johnny C
So after vacationing to this bahia i have to say i am truly disappointed. I have been to several bahias however this one was truly & honestly the worst one I have been too. Let's begin...
1. Customer service is completely rubbish .Everyone has a look like they hate there job here & despise there customers and the ATTITUDE ,oh my lord! The worst attitude I've experienced. Right from the bartenders, to the cleaners to the security and food managers , they all give it ...0% love or care felt SMH.
2. Bartenders (attitude & ignore you) - so I'm a tipper , it's something alot of us do from our hearts as a gesture of appreciation however keep in mind if you do tip it doesnt make a difference. whether it was the swim up bar or the lobby bar , these bartenders didnt give a crap to serve you.
Shout out to DWAYNE (main swim out bar) & KYLE (main floor lobby) These 2 were the only guys that were responsive, genuine every time we came by for a drink.
3. Restaraunts ( a la carts) - keep in mind the majority of the restaurants are hot as hell so be prepared to sweat . Service is slow. I cant say it's all bad though , every one has there own taste in food . Personally some was tasty others weren't. Careful with dolce the vita (French restaurant) cause the pastas were dry and hard . I asked other customers and they all said the same thing.
Shout out to DAVID the restaurant manager, the only solid guy that made us feel wanted at every al la cart dinner, mad respect .
4. Rooms - our room was decent , the Ac worked however all our other friends Ac's did not . So one day I had put the the ( do not disturb sign ) outside the door and the dead bolt . We suddenly heard security unlock our door. Keep in mind this was around 5 in the evening and my wife and I were taking a nap. So I confronted him and security could not give me a reason for opening our door SMH .
Note* rooms are not cleaned on time. Cleaners had forgotten to clean our room and when we called it in sent someone hours later
5. Excursion - avoid the Catraman ( red dred party boat ) waste of money . The dunns are awesome but the boat party is over rated. The brunch the give you is nuggets and chips on 3 inch plates.
Overall , The resort is beautiful however the resort is in desperate need of CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING .... stop giving screw faces and attitude to the people . I will indefinitely not be coming back here nor will refer any clientele or friends to vacation here , completely disappointed in this Bahia .
And please !! I dont the same reply you give all you customers about ," oh sincerest apologies andor inconvinece" speil you guys always give your customers via online. Change comes through action and as business owner if your clients are complaining and reviews are going down the drain MAKE THE CHANGE.
by Phillip M
My family and I visited and are currently still here. We are having a wonderful time. The staff are friendly and the food is great. Nicolea was great with our toddler son and took time out to make him smile.