by Whitney Rife
Room on the Beach is located in Ocho Rios, just five minutes from Dunns River Falls and near the beach. It offers an affordable place to stay while your family explores the city and surrounding area. Walk to nearby shopping and restaurants, play in the pool, or enjoy local tours and excursions. The hotel features comfortable accommodations with oversized windows that can fit up to six people. Continental breakfast is served every morning to help get your family started with the day.
Our Editor Loves
- Complimentary breakfast
- Close to beach
- Water Sports
- Kids' Theme Meals
- Meal Plan
- Onsite Dining
by mike g
We had a four day stay here in mid-October. The rooms were very clean. The property, including the rooms, are in need of a lotta TLC. The was not very attentive.
The pool is shallow but has plenty of sunning chairs. There is an outside shower for the beach sand. The beach (public) is cleaned every morning.
My only valid complaint is the restaurant. The restaurant is lousy at best. The place is seriously understaffed and the food is totally overcooked. The Continental breakfast is served at your table and is a small bowl of watermelon, toast, dry cereal and coffee and juice. O.K., but not a true Continental breakfast because of the lack of some sort of meat. The wings we had at the poolside bar were average.
As far as location goes, the place is within walking distance of dozens of bars, restaurants and shopping.
by Hannah G
First and foremost I have to say the staff that work there were very helpful and tried their best to make the hotel more comfortable for us but alot of the issues we experienced were above their pay grade.
The issues we experienced were as follows:
1. The hotel is very dated and needs a serious revamp; there's no fridge in the rooms, kettle or bulb in the ceiling just lamps and socket in the bathroom.
2. The rooms often plays home to pesky cockroaches, lizards and geckos.
3. Security at the entrance is almost lacking so you don't even really feel safe.
4. Breakfast included in the deal isn't nice (stale bread, muffin and watermelon) you're better off paying for breakfast elsewhere
5. The staff weren't clued up on cab drivers (for some reason) and my friend and I ended up in an unlicenced cab.
6. Wi-fi only works in the lobby for some reason you'll be lucky if it works in your room.
7. The toliet wouldn't flush and the bath water was slow to go down the drain.
8. I found a dead spider in my towel.
9. Keys were very tempramental so often stopped working.
10. Hotel made claims they have rooms with balconies which isn't true.
Be mindful if you go there to only stay on a short term basis i.e. just to visit someone.