With a prime location in Puno’s main square, the Hotel Hacienda Plaza de Armas gives families the ability to experience all that Puno has to offer. The historical cathedral is across the street from the hotel, and Lake Titicaca is five minutes away. Spacious rooms accommodate three guests, and extra beds are available for children upon request. Every room comes complete with flat screen televisions, marble bathrooms, warm wood furnishings and balconies. A complimentary breakfast, featuring delicious exotic fruits, is served each morning. The TaypicamaÃ±a restaurant serves a la carte dishes throughout the day. Oxygen is available at the front desk for guests suffering from elevation sickness.
Our Editor Loves
- Extra beds
- Outdoor activities
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
Close to the Plaza de Armas, cathedral & Carlos Dreyer museum the location is pretty good. As for the hotel itself I wasn't that impressed.
Need to know:
1. LOCATION: See above (prety central).
2. STAFF: OK. They didn't seem to go out of their way to help but they did respond to questions/requests.
3. ROOMS: OK. There was a safe but it was so small that you couldn't really fit anything of value in (except passports, cash & other small objects).
4. RESTAURANT: Again the food was just OK.
5. RESTAURANT VIEW: You'll see a lot made of the '360 degree view' from the restauarnt. Don't get too excited. It really would be an effort to see the 360 view, part of the restauraant was closed when we were there andv the resultant view isn't worth it. Sorry.
6. OTHER: Wifi is available but you need to ask for a slip of paper at reception in order to activate iot (one slip per device).
7. VIEW FROM ROOM: At the front of the hotel you overlook some very down at heel buildings.
In summary it's OK for iots location but I wouldn't rush back!
The plaza was under construction so that made the immediate area a bit unfriendly, but this was not the hotel's fault! Our room had some issues, too, however the staff were on top of it and remedied all in a timely fashion!