by Kristin Franks
From the towering atrium and domed ceiling in the main lobby to gorgeous lake views in the spacious rooms and suites this Disney Tokyo resort offers families an upscale stay with the exciting and magical fun of Disney.
Several room types are available including Superior Rooms; Triple Rooms, which feature three regular-sized beds; and Balcony Rooms, perfect for families looking to watch the Tokyo DisneySea shows from the comfort of their own room. Special rooms and suites are also available for families looking for a more extravagant stay including Terrace Rooms, Harbor Rooms and Porto Paradiso Suites.
When venturing out and visiting the Disneyland Parks the resort offers guests a complimentary Disney Resort Line Monorail pass. The pass is valid for multiple rides on the monorail throughout your stay. Request a pass at the front desk the hotel or at the Hotel Service Counter in the Tokyo Disney Resort Welcome Center.
Our Editor Loves
- Onsite family dining
- Complimentary Disney Resort Line Monorail pass
- Balcony Rooms great for watching Tokyo DisneySea shows
- Theme Park
- Onsite Dining
What an amazing experience it was to stay here. Granted, I am a HUGE Disney fanatic, but even that factored in, everyone would love to stay here. Pulling up to the property is impressive, but setting foot inside, you are simply transported.
I really wanted one of those centrally located rooms that faced the park, but we ended up getting a Venice side room, which was still fantastic! Pro-tip, don't wait. Book immediately after they open up the rooms online. They go FAST. The ammenities were unlike any other hotel we've stayed in on property. The PJ's and the toiletry kits were a great touch!
The customer service was right up there with Disney magic. I felt no language barrier, and when things got a little more complex, they would send a fluent English speaker to help... everyone always did their best!
The immediate entry from hotel to park was clutch. For quick breaks, or just to rest for a couple hours, you can't beat that convenience!
As much as I'd like to try the other hotels around Tokyo Disney Resort, I think I've been spoiled by MiraCosta. I'll be back for sure.
- Luxury hotel with amazing decor and helpful staff in a great location for visiting either Disney park especially DIsney Sea as there is a special entrance inside the hotel.
- The Silk Road Garden restaurant serves delicious Chinese food in a relaxed atmosphere.
- It costs 3,000 Yen to use the pool/spa facilities. This was the first hotel I've ever stayed in that has charged extra for these facilities. I expected use of them to be included in the price especially as it is very expensive to stay in the hotel.
- There is no facility to print flight boarding passes in the hotel - reception or bell services said they couldn't do it for us. We had to go to use the PC and printer in the Disney Sea Information Center in the monorail station. It would save the hassle of going there if there was a PC and printer for guests in the hotel.
- If you're going to the airport from the MiraCosta, I would highly recommend buying tickets in advance from the bell services desk for the airport bus that picks you up from the hotel entrance for only 830 Yen.
- Buy drinks/snacks before arriving as the shop in the hotel is expensive compared to regular convenience stores.