Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Review
447 family reviews
Families will love:
- Lush tropical gardens
- Private beach and watersports
- Nightly family-friendly entertainment
About Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
"Let's get the party started!" is the motto at Royal Decameron Club Caribbean. Other than the name, there's nothing regal about the accommodations or atmosphere at this fun-loving hotel. This is a budget-friendly, all-inclusive property in Runaway Bay, just over an hour east of Montego Bay's Donald Sangster International Airport.
Best known for the unique octagonal cottages that make up the majority of its guestrooms, The Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is also known for its private beach and water sports activities. There are two pools and an onsite dive shop where you can get certified to dive, or schedule snorkeling or glass-bottom boat tours at an additional charge.
The resort is located within walking distance of its sister property, Royal Decameron Fun Caribbean, and there's a free shuttle between the two. Guests of one property are free to use the pool, beach and facilities of the other.
Since alcohol is included in your stay and there are five bars, you'll find it's always 5 o'clock somewhere, sometimes everywhere, at this resort. The most popular drinking hole is the beloved Jetty Bar, which extends out into the ocean on a wooden dock. Here you can drink in an amazing view of the ocean while lounging on one of the delightful wooden swings that encircle the bar.
All the action is by the main pool, where you'll find the hotel entertainment staff working tirelessly to keep the spring break atmosphere alive. They work hard to get guests to participate in dance classes, bingo, game shows and other vacation activities on the main stage. If wild and crazy poolside entertainment isn't your thing, there's an adults-only pool where you can get some peace and quiet.
Plenty of serenity can also be found throughout the lush flower gardens. You'll find plenty of hammocks, benches and other places to rest while simply taking in the scenery in this tropical paradise.
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...