You’ve unpacked your boxes full of gloves, ski masks and snowsuits. You’ve repaired your ski poles and sharpened your skis. Now, where should you go? More importantly, where will you find a good deal, preferably one that packages lodging and lift tickets? We’ve uncovered the best early (and even winter-long) promotions for serious skiers who can’t wait to hit the slopes.
1. Topnotch Resort & Spa in Stowe, Vermont is offering a “Ski Stowe” package, which includes nightly accommodations, two Stowe Mountain Resort lift tickets per room, per night (based on double occupancy), Ski Concierge services and complimentary shuttle services to and from the mountain. Rates start at $226 per night.
2. Killington Grand Resort Hotel is giving guests a third night’s lodging and a third day’s skiing free when they arrive on a Sunday, Monday or Tuesday evening. Nightly lodging rates start at just $121 per night.
3. Hidden Ridge Resort in Banff National Park has a “Ski, Stay, Relax” package, which starts at $229 per person. It includes accommodations for two nights, a tri-area lift pass, a $40 apres ski credit per person and a Rocky Mountain Soap Ski Solutions gift bag.
4. Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel in Maine is offering a “More Snow, Less Dough” package, which allows guests to save up to $200 before November 15! After that, you’ll want to take advantage of the “Classic Ski Weeks” promotion, which is a five-night stay, five-day ski package that starts as low as $345 per person, per night. The Sugarloaf Hotel is just 100 yards from the Superquad Chairlift.
5. The Osprey at Beaver Creek and The Pines Lodge, both RockResorts in Beaver Creek, Colorado, are offering up to 30 percent off when you book your winter vacation by November 21. They’re also offering a Ski Free and Stay Free promotion, available with a variety of package options.
6. Vermont’s Stowe Mountain Lodge, which features ski-in and ski-out access to Stowe Mountain Resort, is offering a 20 percent discount to those who reserve their slope-side lodging before November 30. The “Countdown to Winter Package” starts at $199 per night, and requires a two-night minimum stay.
7. Tivoli Lodge in Vail, Colorado will give early-season skiers a third night free when they stay two nights between November 16 and December 21. And even if you book a later stay between January 7 and February 14, you’ll still enjoy a fourth night free. (Blackout Dates: January 18 to 21). Located in the heart of Vail Village. Nightly rates start at $214.
8. Four Seasons Resort Vail is offering a “Ski Free” package for families. Starting at $530 per night, it includes three-day lift tickets and rentals for up to two adults and two children’s complimentary meals for children ages 5 and younger and of course, luxurious accommodations. Four Seasons Resort Vail has its own Ski Concierge at the base of the Vista Bahn chairlift.
9. Powder Ridge Cabins in Big Sky is rewarding early birds with a 50 percent discount on a three- or four-bedroom cabin for stays between November 21 and December 21. A three-night minimum stay is required. Three-bedroom cottages regularly start at $469 per night.
10. The Lodge at the Mountain Village is one of several Park City resorts offering the ultimate winter experience with its “Ski and Stay” promotion. Stay four, five or six nights and you’ll receive two to four 3-Resort Silver Passport tickets, which means you’ll be able to ski at Canyons Resort, Park City Mountain Resort and Deer Valley Resort. Rates start at $112 per person, per night.
11. The Resort at Squaw Creek in Lake Tahoe, Calif. doesn’t have any specific ski packages listed yet, but this budget-friendly, activity-packed resort is worth a winter trip. Right now, the hotel is offering up to 20 percent off two nights or more when you book your getaway by November 30, 2012. Rates start at $160 per night.
12. Canada‘s Fairmont Chateau Whistler abounds with deals, and we particularly love its “Whistler Family Ski Package,” which offers luxury ski-in and ski-out accommodations and two adult Whistler Blackcomb adult passes per room, per night (except for the night of arrival). Plus, kids under 5 eat free in The Wildflower and at The Chalet. For early birds, this deal sweetens: Book by November 15 and kids will ski and rent equipment free! Minimum four-night stay required. Rates start at $443 CAD per night.
13. 968 Park Hotel, a boutique resort in Lake Tahoe, Calif., is offering 25 percent off any reservation made after November 16. There’s a catch, however: You have to book before six inches is reported on the Heavenly Snow Report! Rates start as low as $82 per night.
Our team of parents and travel experts chooses each product and service we recommend. Anything you purchase through links on our site may earn us a commission.