Families are welcome at this 34-room hotel. Guestrooms at the small hotel include two queen beds to accommodate up to four guests. They include breakfast, free Wi-Fi, cable TV, refrigerator, microwave, private bathroom, and air conditioning. Guests can spend time with nearby activities such as snorkeling, bicycling, sailing, surfing, kayaking, diving, boating, golfing, and more. Families will like The Grill On Main, the onsite American cuisine restaurant that has a children’s menu and serves only dinner. Multiple local restaurants sit less than half a mile from the hotel.
Our Editor Loves
- Multiple nearby activities
- Onsite restaurant with children's menu
- Free breakfast
- Water Sports
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Kids' Theme Meals
- Onsite Dining
We booked this hotel with points so I can't comment on the value but having stayed at a lot of hotels I would say it offered reasonable value if priced between 125-150 but much over that would leave a sour taste in our mouths.
1) The rooms were tastefully decorated with a definite island-y feel.
2) The HVAC system had ceiling vents vs the wall units which inevitably cause the person next to them a horrible night's sleep.
3) We didn't use it but the ample onsite parking is probably great if you have a car.
4) It is right next to a grocery store and bus stop which we found very convenient.
1) Several lights in our room were not working suggesting a lack of attention to details in maintenance
2) The morning breakfast is pretty mediocre and served in the attached restaurant. I also never saw the attendant filling any of the items which ran out.
3) I felt a little cheated by the addition of the safe fee to my bill. When checking in, I declined it but was told it was included in the rate so I signed it but this was not true. I have written to the hotel about it but have not heard back yet. I'll update this review if I hear back.
Overall, an average hotel in an expensive area that will do the job if needed. Just watch out for hidden fees!
We spent two nights at this recently renovated hotel. Initially we needed to change our reservation due to Hurricane Dorien and uncertainty as to whether the ferries would be running. The front desk person was helpful in making the change. Our room, #303, is a King room in a smaller building across the parking lot from the main hotel. Although it is next to a busy street, our room was very quite. It included a lovely private patio and garden. A hot tub would have been perfect! Decor is fresh and beachy. Very clean and updated. Huge flat screen TV. Small fridge and microwave were handy. No tub in the bathroom but we preferred the shower stall with dual rain shower heads. The only thing lacking is a lamp next to one side of the bed. One side has a lamp but not the other side. Breakfast is continental style with muffins and coffee. Plenty of breakfast restaurants in the area and a grocery next door. About a 20 minute walk to Edgartown center. Restaurant attached to the hotel is handy and has good food. Overall, we recommend this hotel.