by Hilarey Wojtowicz
The Greensprings Vacation Resort offers families 269 guestrooms and suites with multiple bedrooms, king beds, sofa beds, kitchens with all the essentials, flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Wi-Fi (for a fee). The largest accommodations can sleep up to six guests.
Scheduled activities are offered during peak seasons, but the resort also has a pool and a playground for children to enjoy. Additionally, in 2015, the resort added a mini-golf course.
Onsite dining is only available via the poolside bar and grill, which is open seasonally. However, nearby dining options offer breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Additional perks at this property include laundry facilities, a fitness room and free parking. Check-in is at 4 p.m. and check-out is at 10 a.m.
Our Editor Loves
- Onsite mini-gold course
- Spacious accommodations
- Close to Jamestown attractions
- Family Room 5+
- Onsite Dining
Superb resort. Good people and professional. Nice accommodations. See Berkerly Plantation. Great places to eat and shop...really recommend Food for Thought, Sals by Victor, and Fat Tuna. Williamsburg is the place to study history and lots to do for children.
by Jacqueline J
I have stay here a number of times over the last couple of years. This is the first time in a long time that I have had negative complaints about Greensprings. As always, the staff was very friendly at checkin and remembered me, which is always a treat. But there were alot of other issues. I checked in on 11/9 and is i scheduled to check out 11/12. Please note I arrived after waking up at 3 am on 11/9 drove 3 hours to another city, was there for 8 hours for my daughters class and drove 1 1/2 to get to the resort.
1) ordered a pot that came to me dirty. When asked to have it replaced was told can I just wash it.
2) after leaving home at 3 am yesterday to have my daughter in Portsmouth by 8 a.m., then waiting for her until 4 PM, then driving an hour and 1/2 to the resort I could not get any rest because of noisy stomping guest upstairs. I called front desk and was referred to security. Security said they would talk to them then I got a call back from another security officer saying that they can not address it until after 10 p.m.
3) drawers in kitchen were not wiped down before I got here.
4) noisy guest woke me and my husband up before 7 a.m. this morning
5) look at the following picture of the patio and grounds
6) the washing machine can be hear all over the unit
7) On Sunday night, I had to request 2 fans because my room was very warm and the ac was not working very well.
8) outside patio is moldy
9) outside lawn could be better kept but I understand with the season change it maybe a little more difficult.
My kids consider this resort home away from home because we are here so much. But I must admit that I was disappointed this time and basically wasted about 24 hours here since we could not rest the way that we wanted to. I was disappointed that I didnt get any sympathy the on Sunday when I complained again about the noise and was simply told guest upstairs were leaving. My enjoyment shouldn't revolve on when someone else was leaving.