by Karon Warren
With direct access to the marina and beach in Puerto Vallarta, the Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina & Beach Resort is perfectly situated to host families on vacation. With three swimming pools, a private beach, a children’s playground, a tennis court and three restaurants, there’s more than enough onsite to keep everyone entertained. If you venture offsite, you also can enjoy golf, horseback riding, go whale watching, participate in a variety of water sports, or tackle some adventure activities like zip-lining or paragliding.
Accommodations include standard rooms and superior rooms with a balcony. Guestrooms come with air conditioning, ceiling fan, TV, internet access and safe.
Our Editor Loves
- Three swimming pools
- Children's playground
- Three restaurants
- All Inclusive Rates
- Horse Back Riding
- Water Sports
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
My husband, myself and our 16 year old daughter stayed here Easter week. After reading some less than wonderful reviews I was sceptical about staying and almost changed resorts but then decided to keep my reservation.
- check in was quick and great service from the front desk staff. Check out was just as quick and again with amazing service from the staff at the front desk
- Manuel has got to be the best bellman ever from any trip I have ever gone on. He went out of his way everyday to talk with us and welcomes us everyday we returned from anywhere. Always saying “ welcome home family” and checking to see if we were alright or needed anything
- Snack bar. Amazing food. Amazing service from Victor and Eduardo and the lady with the blue shirt who also works in the Italian restaurant. Couldn’t have asked for better service.
- Italian ala carte was great. Wonderful staff. Prompt service. Great food. The best meals hands down.
- Perla. She’s an amazing server who is always filling your drinks. The woman is always on the go and just wonderful.
- Couldn’t ask for a cleaner resort. They are always cleaning and tending to the gardens and pathways. Lots of bathrooms all over and they are always clean.
- lots of pools and usually can find space.
- coffee and smoothies in the lobby bar in the mornings are great.
- very safe location and being so close to the airport is wonderful.
- The Buffet. One of the worst I have ever been to in all my travelling in 13 plus years. The servers really need to take lessons from other staff members. Next to no service. Most days we got our own drinks because no one came to the table and forget about getting coffee in the morning. Food selection is very limited. Not a lot of food at all and what was there was lukewarm at best. We ended up eating out in the marina a couple nights as we just couldn’t find anything appealing at all. Dessert selection was even worse. No ice cream for the kids or anything. Also the open seating isn’t great as birds are always flying in all over the tables and food. God forbid if it rained.
- daily activities are posted by the towel hut but no one seems to know when and where things are. When they do announce it for English speaking guests we wouldn’t know as its all in Spanish. No wonder no one joins in.
- No towel art from housekeeping. First resort I’ve ever been to that never did anything in the room. It’s not a big thing but it’s one of the best things I enjoy in my room on vacation.
-Scented toilet paper in rooms. This is a big thing. It was so heavily scented that you could smell it right away when walking in the bathroom. For someone who has skin scensitivity this caused a lot of issues for me. I tried to address it with the maid but she didn’t speak very good English and I was tired of trying to figure it out so I went and bought some of my own.
- The night shows need a major overhaul and more advertising. The only good show was the Michael Jackson one.
I heard a lot of complaints from other travellers for the week I was there. To me it didn’t matter that the beach was small. So if your a beach person this isn’t the place for you. The room was fine. I don’t go for the rooms. It had a cozy bed and the AC worked great. It’s always hit or miss with English speaking staff. Sunwing does tell you it’s wifi all through the resort but it’s only the pool and lobby and that you get 2 bottles of water per day but it’s 2 bottles of water per week and you refil them yourself. There is a condo being built next door but the noise wasn’t bad at all. The marina offers a lovely variety of things to do. There is a market Thursday night that is great in the marina. Would I stay here again. I don’t think. Not unless the food situation changed.
So I have been coming to this resort for 5 years and every time I get there the surprise me with something else. Rebecca at the front desk is the most friendliest person you will ever meet,she will help you with anything you need tell you where to go what to do if you need any help she is the one. Manuel the bell boy is the most trusted person that I know you get there he greets you hugs you just the friendliest guy ever leave your bags they get the bangs to your Room never have any problems and cannot wait to come back to this reserve