by Lissa Poirot
Located in the historic triangle that makes up Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown, as well as minutes from Busch Gardens, the Williamsburg KOA offers budget-friendly accommodations. The 180-acre campground features campsites, RV sites, and cabins that can sleep up to six people with full bathrooms, living areas and partial kitchens. Kids may enjoy the campsite’s outdoor heated swimming pool and splash pad, as well as hiking, volleyball, a GAGA pit, playground, wagon rides and pancake breakfasts. The campsite is also pet-friendly.
Our Editor Loves
- Cabins that sleep six
- Partial kitchens
- Family Room 5+
Our stay was with family - My wife and I; my B-I-L and two nieces with their families and my brother / S-I-L and their adult son. We had three pull through - full hookup sites and one cabin near the swimming pool. Our stay was for 5 days; the remainder of the families are there 9 days.
1. Conveniently located to I-64 / travel corridors to Colonial Williamsburg / Historic Triangle, Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.
2. Upkeep and overall maintenance of the campground is Excellent.
3. Camp sites are spacious, clean, well drained with a fire pit and table. (Excellent)
4. Bathrooms are convenient to sites and clean; plenty of hot water in the showers. (Excellent)
5. Pool area is well maintained; pool is large and includes a kiddie water park. (Excellent) The adjacent ice cream stand sells Hershey's ice cream are a reasonable price per cone!!! mmmm mmmm
6. While we didn't partake of the many activities offered (we were sightseeing); there were lots offered to keep everyone, particularly the children entertained.
7. Well stocked camp store; although the Walmart Supercenter is just a short drive away (5 minutes). (Excellent)
8. Staff from office / store to grands keeps were all attentive, friendly and interested in their guests' comfort. (Excellent)
We stayed at Williamsburg KOA last spring break and stayed on site E45. We absolutely love this site location as it is one of the patio sites but it is also close by the basketball court where we could watch the kids play. This park was very clean and everyone was very kind. We hiked the trail they have and at times wondered if we were even going the right way as we noticed rain was on it's way. As soon as we got to the other end by cabins it began to ran. It was fun experience though. This campground has two jump pads for different ages which I like a lot. Playground was awesome as they have something similar to a zip line. We didn't spend a lot of time here since we came to visit Busch Gardens. But what time we did spend was very nice and relaxing. We definitely will come back.