Bar Harbor Inn Review
Off Family Hotels! Read more
Hotel Deals: Save as Much as 60% Off Family Hotels!
Search our partners for great deals and savings up to 60% off. Searching FamilyVacationCritic.com, we found the following deals as advertised by our partners:
- Priceline.com offers savings of up to 60% through their "Name Your Own Price" program. Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system is different from most other online travel sites. With Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system, the exact hotel booked is shown only after purchase. Over the last year, a substantial percentage of accepted offers have yielded savings of up to 60% in comparison to the lowest published rates for the same itinerary on other leading online travel sites. There is no guarantee that hotels, dates, or prices will be available, and savings are not guaranteed. Actual prices and availability are subject to change.
- Our partner, Hotwire offers rates of up to 60% off based on actual Hotwire Hot Rate® Hotel bookings made in the previous 12 months as compared with the lowest published rates found on leading retail travel sites. Prices are dynamic and vary based on booking date and length of stay. There is no guarantee these savings or rates will be in effect at the time of your search. Availability is limited. Hot Rate® Hotel are different from retail rates. With Hot Rate® Hotel you enter the date, location and star rating. Hotel revealed only after booking.
Those are just two examples of amazing offers from our partners. For more, visit FamilyVacationCritic.com and check out Expedia, Hotels.com, and our other partners.
Family Vacation Critic allows you to search various sites at once so you can compare the prices and options offered. Prices or promotions on Family Vacation Critic are reflective of what's offered on those sites. When you book tickets, your booking is handled by one of those sites directly, not by Family Vacation Critic. Transactions, and all subsequent customer care, are directly handled by the site where you booked your travels. Family Vacation Critic does not control the price, rules, regulations, or restrictions surrounding the price. Please read all rules and regulations before booking.
Review this Hotel
Editor’s Review of Bar Harbor Inn
All you have to do is stand on the short summit of Acadia Mountain and peer down at the lobster boats anchored in Southwest Harbor to understand why so many families are drawn to Maine's Acadia National Park. Out West, the towering cliffs of Zion and the domes of Yosemite perfectly illustrate the grandeur of America's National Parks. Acadia is pint-sized in comparison and thus much more manageable, especially for kids. Short hour-long climbs like the one up Acadia are within easy reach, only serving to intensify the bond between nature and nature lover. Here, everything is on a human scale.
It's hard not to be dazzled by the variety of scenery at Acadia. The only mountains on the East Coast, vast pockets of forest, the ... more Atlantic Ocean, even a landlocked fjord all add to the allure. You'll want to spend as much time as the kids can muster outdoors. Rent bikes and try the 43-mile network of carriage path trails, narrow hard-packed gravel paths that line the entire eastern half of Mount Desert Island. Or grab a canoe and paddle the largest body of water in the park, Long Pond. Of course, all around you are a vast network of hiking trails from the ones that skirt Jordan Pond to the Ocean Path that lines the rugged shoreline of the mid-Maine coast.
After climbing mountains and biking in the woods all day, it's nice to pamper yourselves in civilization during the late afternoon and night. The Bar Harbor Inn does its best to make guests feel like lords of the manor. Don't miss the freshly baked cookies in the main lobby in the afternoon. Then retreat to your room and that heavenly deck to watch all the boats going in and out of the harbor. In front of you is the Shore Path, a walking trail that's wonderful any time of day, with large Bald Porcupine Island looming in the background. Arguably, the best part of the Bar Harbor Inn is that you're in easy walking distance of all the restaurants and shops that line Bar Harbor. less
- Great view of Maine's rugged shoreline
- Fresh baked cookies and hot chocolate/coffee in the main lobby
- Walking to the pick of restaurants surrounding the hotel in Bar Harbor
It's nice to find an upscale hotel that still offers continental breakfast. Families know how hard it is to dine out every ... Get more Planning and Tips
Rooms & RatesAs a TripAdvisor company, we searched 200+ sites to find the best hotel prices.
Results For: (clear all filters)
Continental breakfast is included in the price of ... more the room and features blueberry yogurt, muffins, granola, cereal, English muffins, hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruit, coffee and juice. We also took full advantage of the fresh-baked oatmeal raisin and gingersnap cookies, served with coffee and hot chocolate every afternoon in the lobby of the Main Inn. The only irritation was paying for the use of WiFi in the room. This should be a free service. less