Family Activities:

Nauset Light


Nauset Light

Nauset Light Beach Rd., Eastham, 02642, MA

Nauset Lighthouse is an integral part of Eastham history. First built in Chatham in 1877, it was relocated to Eastham in 1923 to replace the Three Sisters lighthouses, whose wooden structures had eroded under the harsh ocean conditions. It remained at that exact spot until 1996, when it was moved about 250 feet away from the beach, in order to avoid succumbing to erosion.

Free tours are offered in the summer for visitors to enjoy, though donations are encouraged. The lighthouse (and tours) is fully managed by The Nauset Light Preservation Society and their volunteers, who do an excellent job guiding tours and maintaining the lighthouse, as well as keeping it fully functional.

The lighthouse overlooks miles of pristine beach, and makes for some picture-perfect views; great for a family portrait!