by Whitney Rife
The Westin lies in the center of Los Angeles’ financial district and is close to various museums, beaches and the Staples Center. At the hotel, kids will enjoy the large outdoor pool or daily supervised activities at the kids’ club. A central atrium spans a full city block, containing 42 restaurants and shops. The Westin itself hosts two restaurants — a rooftop steakhouse and a casual bistro. As with all Westin properties, rooms feature custom Heavenly bed, bath and even crib products. Units feature a clean, contemporary decor with flat-screen televisions. Pets are welcome and plush dog beds are available for pampering.
Westin is a worldwide hotel that features more than 30 specifically family-friendly resorts with exclusive amenities for kids. Learn more about Westin Hotels and Resorts, read Westin Hotels and Resorts.
Our Editor Loves
- Outdoor pool
- Westin Kids' Club
- On-site dining
- Children Programs
- Kids' Theme Meals
- Onsite Dining
With all my travels, this is the worse hotel I ever stay in especially when it's USD500 per night. Westin Bonadventure needs to catch up with the rest of the world.
1. My shower was broken and I only found out during a shower. So it wasn't a great feeling having to change room in a bathrobe.
2. The second room also has a dripping rain shower. If there is not enough water pressure, I would say drop the rain shower.
3. Housekeeping comes bright and early like 8am everyday. I forgot to leave the sign on and was informed that I should remember to do it.
4. Breakfast bailed out on me. They mentioned they would give me some complimentary points and I heard the same when I told them the shower was broken. Still waiting for the points. That evening I called up to ensure I would be getting my breakfast the next day, room service guy told me "accidents happened" and so it's no guarantee. Really? That's what you would like to tell your customers? Despite the fact they bailed out once on breakfast, the next day they diligently called me half an hour later to collect the tray? But this is not constant throughout my 7 days stay.
5. I had dinner each night at the lobby and service was terrible other than this Martin guy. Everyone is always saying they will be with you in a few minutes but in some cases, I waited like half an hour just to order food. At one point, I tried to wave to a waiter that went by, but he told me he's not my server. Nice, I just have to continue to wait until my server comes by. One of the nights, I was so late for my appointment because no one came so by the time food was served, I barely had a few mouthfuls before I rushed off.
6. La Prime restaurant has the best service of all! How could the service vary so much?
7. Even when I tried to give feedback while checking out, the guy Richard was like, yes you are checked out. And I have to ask for an invoice. When I told him I like to provide feedback, he eagerly told me that he send me the link. When I told him, I have really bad feedback for your hotel. He continued to emphasise that he will send me the link with no empathy.
This is the worse hotel service I ever had. My colleague who stayed in some smaller hotel in little Tokyo had amazing things to say about it in contrast to my experience.
The Westin Bonaventura Hotel is very well situated; the front desk and house keeping services are goo; the rooms are kept clean and neat.
The only thing is that having breakfast in the hotel is very expensive. The best is to go outside, there are plenty of options in the area.