Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio-Riverwalk/Downtown is a wonderful place for families with children to stay. The hotel is within 10 miles of the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, McAllister Park and San Antonio Museum of Art. Some other nearby attractions include the Brackenridge Park and The Alamo. This 3-star hotel has 146 suites. Each suite includes a kitchenette and free high-speed Internet. This San Antonio place also has a swimming pool and fitness center. The Guenther House, Paloma Blanca Mexican Restaurant & Catering and Schilo’s Delicatessen are all family-friendly eateries that are also worth looking at and are near the hotel.
Learn more about Homewood Suites.
Our Editor Loves
- Decent hotel in good location
- Beautiful hotel
- Great place to stay with lots of room
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
Nice for the price and incredible location with amenities for the entire family. Parking not included but price, $36/night, for downtown valet parking was reasonable and comparable to other places. Wil stay here again for sure.
by Mitchell G
We stayed here for a long weekend get away. After staying three nights, we found this to be a clean facility in an absolutely beautiful area.
Location: Exceptional. This hotel is located right on the San Antonio Riverwalk, the center of the action. There are dozens of restaurants nearby as well as almost all of the main attractions. It is also a short Uber ride from the airport (about 15 minutes away).
Service: Great. The staff were extremely friendly and hospitable, and we were checked in about three hours prior to the posted check-in time (4 pm). The breakfast staff even came and cleared the tables and asked how the food was.
Room: Excellent. We had a two queen 1-bedroom suite (680 sq ft). The suite was huge and well-equipped. We had a large dining room table, living area with sofa bed, two TVs, and a fully stocked kitchen. I definitely could have stayed in there for a long period of time. Although it was good, the suite was not perfect. The bathroom felt a little bit dated, and if you intend on using the sofa sleeper, there is a lot of street noise (the bedroom was fine though). Either way, especially if you enjoy extra space, this room is a great fit.
- The hotel has a free breakfast offered daily, and the seating area overlooks the river. It was enjoyable to have breakfast and look at the riverwalk. The food quality was okay, but it did have options that are not typically served at hotels (we had hash and shredded hash browns when we stayed).
- If you choose this property, be sure to check out the rooftop pool area. It offers excellent views of the city.
- An evening social is offered on Monday through Thursday. Complimentary alcoholic drinks and small snacks are served.
- No ice machines on the entire property, but in-room freezers have ice makers. You can also get ice from the front desk if necessary.
There was only one thing that I disliked, and that was the setup for entry and exit.
Upon arriving to the hotel via Lyft , we had to enter through the parking garage. The only other entrance into the hotel around the block required a room key. I found this to be set up poorly.
The negatives that I mentioned did not detract from the overall experience, and unless you require the amenities of a very high-caliber property, this is a great option. I would stay here again if I were to return to this area.